At Palmer Chiropractic Center, we have shared the benefits of high intensity laser therapy with residents of Lynchburg, VA and Altavista VA, for over a year. Read on to learn more about what high intensity laser therapy is and how you will benefit from it.
Some of the benefits of high-intensity laser therapy include:
- Pain relief: HILT has been shown to be effective in reducing pain and inflammation, particularly for conditions such as back pain, neck pain, and joint pain.
- Improved tissue healing: HILT can help to speed up the healing process by increasing blood flow and promoting cellular function, which can lead to improved tissue healing and reduced scarring.
- Reduced muscle spasms: HILT can help to relax muscles and reduce muscle spasms, making it useful for conditions such as muscle strains and spasms.
- Improved range of motion: HILT can help to improve joint mobility and range of motion, making it useful for conditions such as osteoarthritis and other degenerative joint conditions.
- Improved athletic performance: HILT can help to improve athletic performance by reducing muscle soreness, improving tissue healing, and increasing range of motion.
It's important to keep in mind that the benefits of HILT can vary depending on the individual patient and the specific condition being treated. Additionally, the effectiveness of HILT will depend on a number of factors, such as the skill and experience of the chiropractor, the type of laser used, the energy output of the laser, and the duration and frequency of the treatments.
High Intensity Laser Therapy Patient Outcomes:
- 65 y/o male with 5+ years of neuropathy in both lower legs and feet.
Patient was seen and treated by Neurologist with medication and told the condition was "Idiopathic" or of unknown origin. The neurologist provided him medication and told him there was nothing more he could do but that the condition would likely progress with time. The medication did not help and the numbness continued to progress from his feet up into his lower legs to approximately 3" below his knees. He also developed pain in his feet with walking and had difficulty maintaining balance causing him to fall due to the lack of sensation in his feet.
He was treated with High Intensity Laser Therapy (HILT) along the involved nerve distribution, specific nutrition, pulse electro magnetic wave therapy (PEMF therapy), and Cox Distraction Spinal Decompression. I performed 23 HILT sessions on his legs and feet over the course of 4 months while he was taking the nutritional supplements and receiving PEMF after the most of the HILT sessions. Upon release, he had sensation all the way down his legs to his toes and very little pain with walking.
- 81 y/o female with history of low back pain radiating into her leg.
Patient had been being treated at the orthopedic center under the care of an orthopedist and interventional specialist (injection specialist). She had been receiving epidural injections intermittently for several years. The injections were no longer effective and she was scheduled to take a cruise with her husband and grandchildren. She had been diagnosed with degenerative spinal changes combined with disc bulges to cause a Lumbar Radiculopathy (pinching of the nerve in the low back causing pain to radiate down the leg) This made walking and house hold activities difficult and painful. She was worried that she wouldn't be able to go on the cruise.
She was treated with High Intensity Laser Therapy (HILT) along the nerve distribution combined with Cox Distraction Spinal Manipulation to open the space around where the nerve was being pinched. We were able to get 7 treatments in prior to her trip reducing her low back pain from an 8 out of 10 to a 4 out of 10 and riding her of the radiating pain into her leg after the 4th treatment. She was able to go on the cruise with her family.
- 16 y/o female with recent history of ankle sprain.
Cheerleader who slipped and sprained anterior ankle ligaments during a tumbling routine. She went to the orthopedist who placed her in a boot and told her to come back in 4 weeks but it would likely be 6 weeks before she could return to play. It hurt to stand or walk on.
She was treated with High Intensity Laser Therapy (HILT) in the area of the sprain as well as some of the lower leg muscles that were sore. She received 4 treatments over 2 weeks. After the 4th treatment she no longer had pain and was able to stand and walk without pain. She was planning to return to active cheer much sooner than she was initially told.
Using Laser Therapy to Heal
This list includes many of the issues that laser therapy can help with. However, laser therapy is not limited to only what's below. If you have something similar to one of the conditions listed, laser therapy might also apply to that ailment. Conditions treated by laser therapy include:
- Herniated Disc Pain
- Muscle Strains
- Ligament Sprains
- Knee, Back, Shoulder, or Neck Pain
- Trigger Points (Muscle Knots)
- Muscle Overuse Pain
- Planter Fasciitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Elbow, Foot, Leg, or Hip pain
- Muscle Recovery
- Bells palsy
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Laser Therapy in Lynchburg, VA, or Altavista, VA
Call Palmer Chiropractic Center's Lynchburg Virginia location today at (434) 237-2299 for more information or to schedule an appointment or at our Altavista Virginia location at (434) 369-1015