Are you struggling with lower back pain? You are not alone. According to the American Chiropractic Association, more than 31 million Americans experience low back pain at any given time. Back pain is the leading cause of disability around the world. Many people with low back pain will recover, but the condition can recur and become chronic if not treated immediately. Let’s take a look at some of the questions that we run into regarding lower back pain.
What is the Impact of Lower Back Pain?
Consult with a chiropractor for your lower back pain if the pain lasts for several days or weeks. Other symptoms include:
- Stinging, burning pain that moves from the lower back to the back of your thighs
- Muscle spasms and tightness in your lower back
- Prolonged pain while you are sitting or standing
- Difficulty standing up straight or walking
How Can Our Chiropractor Help with Lower Back Pain?
If you are struggling with lower back pain and live in or around Lynchburg or Altavista, contact Dr. Adam Palmer and our team at Palmer Chiropractic Center. We will perform a comprehensive examination to determine the source of your pain. We will create a customized treatment plan to reduce your pain and support the healing process.
What Treatments are Used for Lower Back Pain?
When you visit us for chiropractic care, we will start by gathering a full medical history and learning as much as possible about your condition. From there, our non-invasive, all-natural approaches to treating lower back pain include a combination of the following modalities:
- Spinal manipulation and realignment: This method aids in pain management by reducing the pressure on your central nervous system.
- Spinal decompression therapy: Spinal decompression can reduce the pressure on specific areas by using motorized traction to stretch the spine. Benefits of this therapy include increased blood flow, reduced pressure on injured or herniated discs, and reducing the pressure on the surrounding nerves and structures.
- Soft tissue therapy: We will work to relax and treat the tight and sore muscles in your back through various methods, including trigger point therapy.
- Exercise therapy: Dr. Palmer and our team will recommend simple exercises that you can do at home to help with your lower back pain and keep it from becoming a chronic condition. These exercises are even more important as more people continue to work from home in non-ergonomically friendly settings.
Get Lower Back Pain Relief at Palmer Chiropractic Center At Palmer Chiropractic Center in Altavista and Lynchburg, VA, we are committed to providing the finest care for our patients. If you are experiencing lower back pain, call our team today to schedule an appointment at Palmer Chiropractic Center.