Every day we are up and down trying to complete countless tasks, not knowing that these tasks pose risks of personal injuries. These accidents mostly result in conditions that require chiropractic care. At Plamer Chiropractic Ctr, serving Lynchburg and Altavista, VA, we have the expertise and technology to treat most personal injuries.
How do Personal Injuries Occur?
When an injury happens, your life can be altered. This is usually due to pain. That's why chiropractic care is ideal for everyone with a personal injury to get you back on track quickly. Personal injuries may result from negligent actions from others or even yourself.
You can have personal injuries through different ways such as:
- Auto accidents
- Work-related issues
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall
- Medical malpractice
That said, let's dive into some common personal injuries chiropractors treat daily.
Types of Personal Injuries
Personal injuries can leave you with pain, loss of motion, thus becoming hard to complete your daily tasks. Fortunately, you can get relief from chiropractic care. Here are common personal injuries we treat:
- Sciatica: Sciatica is an injury that usually occurs on your lower back. The injury presses your sciatic nerve, resulting in pain from your lower back down to your feet.
- Back pain: Back pain is common personal injury chiropractors encounter daily. Back pain can be acute or mild, and pain is usually unbearable.
- Neck pain: You might not know how significant your neck is until it suffers an injury. The pain stops you from carrying out basic activities like turning or lifting something.
- Herniated disc: An injury may cause your disc to shift from its original position, resulting in pain and limited mobility.
- Strains and sprains: Injuries through falls or slips can damage tissue or muscle. The damage results in excruciating pain that limit your mobility.
- Sports injuries: Sports help you stay active and healthy. Whether playing as a professional or at leisure, sports injuries like joint pain, runners' knees, tennis elbow, and much more can deny you the fitness you need to participate in sports.
How Our Chiropractor Treats Personal Injuries
One thing about chiropractors is that they treat the root cause of your condition. This is good news for those who are hoping to avoid taking prescription medication. After an evaluation and diagnosis, a chiropractor will offer a natural remedy treatment plan customized to your injuries. Your chiropractic care plan will include a combination of the following:
- Spinal manipulation
- Massage therapy
- Lifestyle advice
- Laser therapy
- Trigger point therapy
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Personal Injury Treatment in Lynchburg, VA, and Altavista, VA
Call Palmer Chiropractic Center today at (434) 237-2299 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.